What to bring to your appointment

Personal and Health Insurance Data

Current driver's license(s)

Social Security Numbers (including spouse and children)
Child care provider tax I.D. or Social Security Number

Health insurance (ACA) Forms 1095-A, 1095-B or 1099-C

Record of advance payments/credits received from Premium Tax Credit

Your unique Exemption Certificate Number if claiming exemption from above credit

Employment & Income Data
W-2 forms for this year
Tax refunds and unemployment compensation: Form 1099-G
Miscellaneous income including rent: Form 1099-MISC

Social Security income Form SSA-1099
Partnership and trust income
Pensions and annuities
Alimony received
Jury duty pay
W-2-G Gambling and lottery winnings
Prizes and awards

Scholarships and fellowships
State and local income tax refunds
Unemployment compensation

State tax refund Form 1099-G

Homeowner/Renter Data
Residential address(es) for this year
Mortgage interest: Form 1098
Sale of your home or other real estate: Form 1099-S
Second mortgage/equity loan interest paid
Real estate taxes paid
Rent paid during tax year
Moving expenses

Financial Assets
Interest income statements: Form 1099-INT & 1099-OID
Dividend income statements: Form 1099-DIV
Proceeds from broker transactions: Form 1099-B
Retirement plan distribution: Form 1099-R
Capital gains or losses not reported on a 1099

Financial Liabilities
Auto loans and leases if vehicle used for business
Student loan interest paid
Early withdrawal penalties on CDs and other fixed time deposits

Gifts to charity (receipts for any single donations of $250 or more)
Unreimbursed expenses related to volunteer work
Unreimbursed expenses related to your job (travel expenses, entertainment, uniforms, union dues, subscriptions)
Investment advisory and custodial expenses
Job-hunting expenses
Education expenses (tuition, fees and books)
Child care expenses
Medical Savings Accounts
Adoption expenses
Alimony paid
Tax return preparation expenses and fees

Self-Employment Data
Estimated tax vouchers for the current year
Self-employment tax
Self-employment SEP plans
Self-employed health insurance
K-1s on all partnerships
Receipts or documentation for business-related expenses

Automobile expenses or mileage
Farm income

Rental income

Deduction Documents
State and local income taxes
IRA, Keogh and other retirement plan contributions
Medical, dental and vision expenses and mileage
Casualty or theft losses

Teacher's expenses in excess of $250

Receipts for non-cash charitable contributions if $250 or more 
Other miscellaneous deductions

Print Print | Sitemap